Originally Posted By: Jc
I also have an OPPO BDP-93 and it is not without issues. I had to send back under warranty the original one.It would stick on the "loading" step and, another issue, it would start freezing after playing for close to two hours. OPPO replaced it but even the replacing unit will once in awhile stick on the "loading" step.It is very annoying because when it happens the unit does not respond to command from the remote; the only way to solve the issue is to turn it off and on again. I tought the freezing issue was heat related so I moved the unit by itself on a separate shelf with plenty of space. This freezing issue is not totally resolved. When it happens again the unit does not espond to the remote control. I have to open the drawer remove the disc and turn off the unit. Then after powering on again, I re-insert the disc and it plays fine.

OPPO told me that the original player had no fault found according to their tests and that there was a long hair which could have been the cause.

i have the Oppo 83 and i had the freezing problem and sometimes the disk did not load. had to unplug it from the wall socket and try again.
their most recent update says that the loading problem for some Blu-ray has been taken care of.
the freezing has not happened so far since i installed the new update, but i have used the player only a few times since the install.

here's what their latest release notes say (re. the BDP-83):

Resolved the random image freezing issue observed on several Warner Brothers Blu-ray movies. The problem happens when "BD-Live Network Access" is set to "ON" in the player's setup menu. Sample titles include "Sex and the City 2 (BD, 2011)" and "Inception (BD, 2011)". This issue has been resolved in this release.
Resolved the loading failure issue observed on several recently-released Blu-ray series, including "Fringe" (Season 3, 2011), "Chuck" (Season 4, 2011), "Dexter" (Season 5, 2011), "Star Wars" and "Lord of the Rings". Normally, these movies can be played with no problems when initially loaded. However, if disc playback has been stopped or the disc ejected, the disc would fail to load again the next it is played. The TV would get a black screen and the front panel display would remain at 00:00:00. The cause of this error is related to the discs' resume function implemented in BD-Java. This firmware properly handles the resume function.
Other general disc compatibility improvement based on recent and upcoming releases. Sample titles include "Contagion (BD, 2012)" and "Mildred Pierce (BD, 2012)".

i just read that the new updates for the 90 series makes the same kind of fixes as for the 80 series, and more.

hope this answers some questions. :-)

i can accept those small problems occurring once in a while seeing the quality of the player.

Last edited by J. B.; 03/16/12 05:09 PM.