Originally Posted By: CatBrat
According to avsforum thread on OPPO-93, DSD only plays through HDMI #2 of OPPO's output. That's the way I have it connected though. HDMI #1 straight to TV using 1.3 cable. HDMI #2 to receiver, using 1.2 cable.

Anyway, I was trying to A/B test the CD track vs either the Multi or stereo track. All 3 tracks are on the disc. But, the player would not play the CD track.

It doesn't look like my receiver will process the DSD signal, becase the front only has 2 display options for SACD:
1) DSD PCM – Lights during DSD (Direct Stream Digital) to PCM conversion with SACDs.
2) PCM – Lights during playback of PCM signals.

And my obvious question is: Because it doesn't process DSD, does this mean that the quality I'm hearing is only CD quality?

no, you are getting higher than CD quality. there are two SACD camps, those who think straight/full DSD sounds better and those who think converted DSD to PCM sounds better. choose your poison!

i couldn't hear a terrible difference between the two to pick one format over the other. having said that, I use DSD because that's how the disc is mastered and my player and pre-amp both support full DSD.

as i mentioned before, all Onkyo receivers that have hdmi in and made in the last 5 plus years support full DSD in & out.

SonySXRD55"
Marantz AV7702MKII pre-amp
Emotiva XPA-5,UPA-2amps,
14 Speakers, All Axiom
Oppo 105D&93