Originally Posted By: CatBrat
According to avsforum thread on OPPO-93, DSD only plays through HDMI #2 of OPPO's output. That's the way I have it connected though. HDMI #1 straight to TV using 1.3 cable. HDMI #2 to receiver, using 1.2 cable.

Anyway, I was trying to A/B test the CD track vs either the Multi or stereo track. All 3 tracks are on the disc. But, the player would not play the CD track.

that's not true. I have a 93, connected with HDMI #1 to my pre-amp and it streams DSD to the pre-amp and the DSD light is up on the pre-amp during play. when i hit display it says (for example)HDMI input 1 1080p video in, 5.1 DSD IN - 5.1 DSD OUT

here is a quote from the Oppo 93 manual about SACD/DSD:

"5. SACD Output: To select audio output format for SACD. The options are:
* PCM – SACD Direct Stream Digital (DSD) data is converted into multi-channel, highresolution
PCM data. The converted PCM data is then output through HDMI or the internal
DAC (Digital to Analog Converter) for the analog audio output ports. If you use a receiver that
supports HDMI v1.1 to listen to SACD, please select this option. You may also want to select
this option if you prefer the sound quality of the DSD-to-PCM conversion.
* DSD – SACD DSD data is output over HDMI without any conversion. For the analog audio
outputs, DSD data is converted into analog signal directly by the internal DAC. If you use a
receiver that supports HDMI v1.2a with DSD over HDMI, or you prefer the sound quality of
straight DSD to analog, please select this option."

nowhere in the manual does it say you must use HDMI #2 for SACD playback.

not sure why they (the site you referenced) have that info listed.

Last edited by solarrdadd; 03/21/12 10:40 PM.

SonySXRD55"
Marantz AV7702MKII pre-amp
Emotiva XPA-5,UPA-2amps,
14 Speakers, All Axiom
Oppo 105D&93