The Elton John SACD sounded great. I was a bit disappointed to discover that the CD option in the SACD Multi/Stereo/CD track selections would only play Multi and Stereo. The CD option seems to have been disabled, but not greyed out. I could choose it, but nothing happens when I do. When I switch between Mutli and Stereo SACD options, the track stops for a few seconds, then restarts at the beginning. I couldn't tell any difference between these two settings because it seems my receiver mixes some of the left and right channels in to the center on stereo mode anyways.

I guess if I'm going to do any comparison between SACD and CD, I'll still have to buy the CD, along with more wait time between listening to the separate tracks.

I can see why noone would want to play SACD's in CD mode outside of this comparison, but it would be nice if they could at least implement the ability to play the CD tracks since the option is there. This leads me to believe that maybe they did that on purpose, because there may not be that much, if any, difference between the 2.