When I started following the game (Boston Red Sox) back in the 60's I did so mainly by listening to the radio. They would televise the game on one of the local channels (which I think I had a total of eight) on Sundays, and sometimes on a Saturday as well. That was always a huge bonus to be able to watch two games in the same week. When listening to the radio, AM station of coarse we would receive something less than a stellar transmission of signal(scratchy staticy). When watching the ball game, we had to first go to the selector box to re-position the aerial antenna loacated on the roof for the best possible picture. Which I could more times than not achieve. I could improve on the over all picture quality from not being view-able to some what snowy. When a ball was hit in the air to an outfielder you would lose sight of it, fortunately ground balls to an infielder could generally be followed on our black&white TV.

When I started following the game there was no ESPN or other sports out-lets. The game was being covered in part by a three minute sports segment as part of the local news, as well as in the sports page. In my opinion today's media with it's, at times bias coverage (not just Baseball) is the main reason for leaving that sickening feeling with us the sports fan.

Back in the 60's the Red Sox was thought of as just one of several major league teams. I rooted for them because they were my home town team (about 90 minute away) there wasn't near the fanfare then, that surrounds them now. So all things considered, I respectfully ask for a pass. I wish everyone good luck with their hometown team,knowing though that the game is still won and lost on the field. We as fans, can only passionately look on and enjoy the game.

With out Jesus Christ there can be no Redemption or Salvation.