The trade might seem "huge" but in reality it's pretty insignificant for both teams. The Blue Jays receive some pitching depth and the Astros receive some depth to their farm system. I think the Jays dump some salary getting rid of Coco and Francisco in the process. Both of those guys were fodder. The Jays gave away middle of the road prospects that are longs way away right now, currently in A or AA.

In terms of prospects, its not that big of a deal because of how much depth they currently have. They surely hold more value for the Astros.

Trades that I would consider significant is picking up players like a Dempster or Garza from the Cubs or a Justin Upton that under control for atleast another year. Though to get those guys we would probably have to give up some of our high ceiling prospects that are major league ready like Gose or d'Arnaud or perhaps even some of our high ceiling pitchers in A and AA which GM's cream over.

We have the talent to compete this year but just WAY to many injuries right now to make that a reality. We are down to something like 26th on our pitching depth chart. Starting pitching and bullpen is in shambles. No team has that much depth to their staff.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne