The engineers who wrote the rules obviously never observed me watch a movie in my HT room. I normally start sitting in the 'sweet spot' on my couch then perhaps move over some, sometimes lay down on 1 end of my couch then maybe flip over to the other end, wake up & sit in the center again, ha! This behavior kinda screws up the ideal theoretical sound field both front & rear so it is often lost on me.

Due to the odd shape of my room behind my listening area, my QS8 placement is absolutely horrid & so far from ideal that an engineer would give up in disgust. Since I have no choice, I have to live with this situation.

Having said all of that, the unique dispersion characteristics of the QS series makes this condition easy to live with in the real world. After Audyessy has set the proper levels & Xover (90 to 100 Hz), the overall effect is very enjoyable - perhaps not accurate but enjoyable nonetheless.

BTW, from what I've seen, the -3Db rating is pretty standard throughout the industry & Paradigm's use -2Db is indeed commendable; however, interestingly they don't use any of those types of ratings for their subs like Axiom & most other sub manufacturers do even though I'm sure that they are stellar performers that reach down really low...

TAM