OK, maybe I'll keep going then. Every addict needs an enabler.

Originally Posted By: chesseroo
Would be interesting to see frequency response graphs before and after all your changes, if you were to go that far with software and a good mic.

Yeah, I figure that needs to be the next step. A lot of what I'm hearing & and tweaking only shows up in reverb time measurements and waterfall charts.

IIRC my Radio Shack SPL meter had a suitable mic and an output jack for the computer, but it's been working its way around my friends' HT systems and nobody seems to know where it is at the moment. It's probably in a toolbox somewhere under a flywheel puller and a pile of hammers.

Originally Posted By: chesseroo
I'm guessing with all the photos that you got onto high speed internet at some point.

Good catch. A couple of years back I held my nose and signed up for cellular modem service from Bell, using an integrated modem/router so I could plug in my Linux systems. The data limits are worse than what I was moving over dial-up (past 10GB a month you basically give them your entire paycheck) and the service goes out randomly & frequently, but on average it's better than dial-up.

We had a big country music festival across the road recently (Boots & Hearts), and my internet service was down for ~4 days as 30,000 people were loaded onto our local cell tower, which normally handles ~10 square miles and ~50 people.

Last edited by bridgman; 08/12/14 04:31 PM.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8