Originally Posted By: chesseroo
I've used both but unfortunately my experience only extends to "outdoor" poly (both oil and water based). Both left that amber hue (which i didn't want) on cedar. I understand that this comes from the UV protectant however the marketing on the side of the water based poly specifically stated it wouldn't change the wood colour.

Guess I should have bought whatever you bought. Turns out mine was outdoor anyways -- Varathane Diamond Coat Outdoor Satin.

Originally Posted By: chesseroo
The only part i didn't understand was this:

Originally Posted By: bridgman

All Canadian orders ship from our local Markham Ontario warehouse for the fastest possible shipping time throughout Canada. Most orders are shipped through FedEx with our freight partners delivering our largest Ported Box subwoofers.

Huh, wonder what was supposed to be there ? I noticed a forum thread on CanuckAudioMart talking about SVS shipping directly to Canada, and nobody seemed to get that they had probably just partnered with ElectronicsForLess / SonicBoomAudio (their previous dealer) and were handling ordering/billing through the SVS site now and having SBA handle fulfillment. I think the text was quoted from the SVS site -- no idea why I selected it though...

One of life's little mysteries.

Last edited by bridgman; 09/23/14 01:30 AM.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8