Originally Posted By: bridgman
I didn't buy more ComfortBoard, or move the existing panel, or even steal an extra panel from one of the bass traps -- no I confirmed the sound was still good in the listening position, and went back to work.

It is kinda weird hearing all the frequencies in the same room though, it's actually a bit distracting.

When I got home from work tonight the first thing I did was move a panel from what seemed to be a no-longer-needed spot so I could sit on the couch or stand behind it and have first reflection points covered in both cases. Removing the panel from its previous location did seem to have a minor effect on the sound but since I can't even characterize it as better or worse I'm going to ignore it.

After pulling the M60s a couple of inches further from the wall (which slightly reduced bass levels and got rid of the distracting aspect) I think the bass is as close to "just right" as I'm going to get on this round of tweaking. It is a "freaky level of bass" relative to what I had been hearing before but it sounds pretty accurate and boom-free -- I just have the same ability to "see deeply into the music" in the low notes that I previously only had with higher frequency sounds.

Last edited by bridgman; 08/19/14 08:04 AM.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8