I agree that the depth is "shallower" than some , but not much. I get a very wide sound stage and a 3 dimensionality that's forward (as you saw) and extends to the back wall .(I keep them about 3 feet from the back wall .)

I still say you'd have benefited greatly by spacing them further apart. 8 feet apart 13 feet away is just too tight IMO. I personally think the triangle should be more equilateral . I also think these speakers sound better facing forward , not toed in. Just my opinion though.

As a musician ... I can fully understand that we don't know how it sounds from the audience perspective . That's what the mixing/sound engineer is for. But I do know the audience perspective too ... as do you . I also know what live instruments sound like.

So when I hear a speaker that makes lets say ... a triangle (Which should really ring) or Chimes (Which should sparkle) sound lightly muffled ... it's off my list right then and there.

You hear people cry bright when cymbals CRASH ... and I think to myself ... that's what they do ... you want them to hit the cymbals with a pillow ?!?