I just bought the M22's, VP150, & QS8's to go with an Outlaw LFM-1 sub. The M22's sound great in my 13x26 room. However, I really wish I could have gone for the M60's - in my case it wasn't space as much as it was the wife saying "I don't want huge floorstanding speakers". In reality they don't take up any more space but I couldn't get over those objections (for now).

So here's my suggestion...go for the QS8's, a VP150, and the M22's now - which (hopefully) doesn't blow the budget out of the water. When the wife gets you to buy a new house somewhere down the road you make sure the HT room is a little bigger and you move the M22's to the back, buy the M60's or M80's from the factory outlet, and upgrade the receiver to 7.1.

That way you keep the budget intact today, you put the money into speakers that can't be moved to another location (QS8's and VP150), and you've got a plan for tomorrow's upgrade (which you know you'll do eventually).

I don't envy your sleepless nights wondering what decision to make...glad mine are behind me (for now). Good luck!