Whew! Lotsa questions. Mark, Jack is correct - there aren't many things you can't program into the MX-700. However, as Curtis points out, the whole 4 Sony thing might be problematic if they all use the same codes (this would be aproblem then for ANY remote you chose).. I suspect they may not. One way to check is this - get each of those remotes out and hit the power button for each one. If the remote only turns on the unit it is specific to, you are in business and can program each separately. I have a similar issue right now in that the same commands operate my Denon 2900 DVD player and my Denon 4800 5 CD changer. The only solution I had (they both have a standby function) was to turn off the 4800 and leave the 2900 in standby. In this way, the 700 only operates the 2900. When I am going to use the 4800 for music, I simply turn the 2900 off. Simple to do, if a bit kludgy. Once you do the individual remote test, call Mike at Surf Remote Control. Ask him about 1) the daisy chain, 2)the 4 Sony unit thing and 3) the timer issue. Mike's customer service rivals that of Axiom.

If each of your cmponents has atimer function, then you simply need to find the command and program it into the 700. Don't forget that the 700 is also a learning remote, so you can use the individual remote(s) to teach the 700.

As far as the 3805 goes, the MX-700 is nothing short of hog heaven. There is a "Philips Pronto and Pronto Pro" Files section at Remote Central for Denon receivers that has a file created by a gentleman named David Grey. There are 2 files there and you would want the earlier one. Unfortunately, no sleep or timer command. However, the file (which comes with an excel spreadsheet listing each command) has EVERY Denon receiver code available. Better than a toy store.

Ooops - forgot. Battery life is pretty much a non-issue. About 4 months for heavy usage and it uses 4 AAs.

Last edited by Ray3; 11/22/04 12:40 AM.