Curtis wrote:
In reply to:

one thing to remember is if the different CD players use the same codes, there is no way to differentiate which CD player you want to receive the code.

For instance....if you have two Sony jukeboxes, and choose to hit "play"....both those jukeboxes will get that command.

The Sonys have a button on the front panel (and a switch on the remote) to designate whether you are controlling the "master" or the "slave" jukebox. I think the jist of how it works is that the remotes' signal is basically always going to the Master unit, but then the control cable that connects the two allows the Master unit to then control the slave unit.

Unfortunately, my aforementioned Sony universal remote would not allow the programming of the button that allows you to choose whether you're controlling the Master or Slave. In other words, my gut feeling is that the MX-700, if fully programmable, would allow that function to be assigned.

My concern was whether or not there's a limit to the number of a certain "type" of component. In other words, you may be allowed to control up to 20 components, but it might be limited to three disc players or something, and the fourth would have to be a modified "mini-disc" function or something.

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::