I expect it wll be awhile before the MX-700 dries up. Also, when the 850 hits it's stride, there will be "open box" specials for it as well. The 700 retails for $350 with open box pricing right around &190 (and as Jack points out, the price may drop towards the end of its life). The 850 retails at $399, so the open box on those will probably come in at around $210-$220. Not a whole lot more considering the daily use you'd get out of it.

Incidentally, I dropped a note to Mike at SurfRemoteControl and told him of the recent discussions for the 700. There are some questions that have popped up that he could provide input and expertise on (including some of the discussion on Harmony remotes) and I invited him to drop by.

Jack/Curtis, the IRClone software is a big difference, that's true. However, the 700 also has double the number of available devices and has better macro capability (which I can't really quantify for you). The other major difference is the ability of the 700 to take advantage of the 7,000+ Pronto files that are available. Since the IRClone SW runs around $75, it might be worthwhile to out that money towards the 700 as the MX-Editor SW is much more elegant.

You know, I should mention that I have absolutely nothing to gain if someone buys one of these things. I'm just trying to make everyone aware of what a great piece of equipment it is for HT.