Mark, Curtis has got it right. Ray and Jack are, well, nice fellows and snappy dressers.

When Ray sends you his files, you'll see that there are discrete codes for Receiver-On and Receiver-Off. MANY other contemporary components will have the same codes available. These are different codes than the "toggle" that is on the one on/off button on your existing remote. The MX-700 can use not only the (large!) database of codes that come with the software, but also Pronto files. Be sure to run "Live Update" or whatever they call it after you install MX Editor so that you get the most recent, comprehensive set of codes.

The only one I had trouble with was a 13 year old Mitsubishi VCR. I can't remember the last time I used the stupid thing. I was able to find discrete codes for everything else I own.

Ray and I have a philosophical disagreement about the best way to switch between devices. But that's okay, because his setup works great for him, and my setup works great for me. It's probably because he has cooler gadget boxes than I do. The other thing for me is that I have my (old) CD player on the switched outlet of the Denon so it comes on when the receiver does. So, when I'm going to other devices, my remote actually just "Stops" the CD player.

Remember to buy some IR light switches when you're at Home Despot.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem