I never get involved in these frays, so this is a first for me. But I gotta step in here. How do you expect someone to react when something like this gets written?

"But, your opinion about speaker wire is absolutely electrically wrong! PERIOD!! But, you are entitled to your opinion. PEACE!! Enough said! "

So on the one hand you're saying everyone's entitled to their opinion, which basically implies "live and let live." But then you end up really saying everyone's entitled to their opinion, even if it is wrong. That's not quite as judgment free as your "peace" implies. From personal experience I think that makes it hard not to be on the defensive.

Ratpack, I'm truly not picking on you (and apologize in advance if it seems like I am), I just don't want to see this degrade. Sometimes it's not what we say, but how we say it that matters, partciularly when it's written and not in person -- without all of the attendant visual clues. While I don't agree with everything 2x6 has to say, I do think he's been a valuable contributor to this forum.

So, has anyone done the comparison with the specific Mapleshade speaker cables 2x6 recommended? Rather than merely the entire copper is copper position (which I'm actually more in the camp of), can anyone say they've tried them and heard no difference? Was it a double blind test? Was it in the same environment that 2x6 is in? Maybe there are real situations where cables *do* make a difference.

Regards,
Rich