Couldn't resist but post this: Probably the best improvement I had in my system is when I replaced my generic monster original speaker cable with a 10 g Signal Cable shotgun, biwire cable!! I am not sure if it was through biwiring (I don't think as much) or from a thicker cable. But I am 100% positive that I felt like something was lifted from in fron of the speakers. Now, I don't think that a $2600 speaker cable makes too much sense for somebody who buys a $900 pair of Axioms (including me), but I think it does for somebody who buys some 10k speakers, those who care, and probably can distinguish that 1% increase in quality. I do think that for our range of speaker quality, as well as other audio gear quality (in my case Rotel) we should definitely look beyond the range of $20 speaker cable. There are many cable companies out there, most of them overpriced, but I was able to find some that could offer same quality cable for less money. I can mention three: Signal cable, Cobalt Cable and Blue Jeans Cable. By the way, mine costed $165. Reasonable, I think!!

Axiom M60s, QS4s, VP100 Onkyo TX-SR804 Oppo 970HD Rotel RB-1080/RCD-1072 REL Q150E sub, PS 3