Hello fellas

Look, I try new stuff, some of it is OK, some of it blows my mind, some of it doesn't work out.

Now, anyone can build an awesome 2 channel system by throwing huge amounts of money into the project. What makes it interesting for me, is getting similar results at a huge discount.

I took a chance and bought Axiom speakers based on reviews I considered interesting. Worked out well for me!

Here's a list of some other things that have REALLY worked out for me:

1. Antique Sound Labs MG S1 15DT 5 wpc SET tube integrated amplifier. My actual cost after wheeling and dealing ... $250.

2. T Amp. $20.00, another $25 for the power supply.

3. Giant Thiel CS3.6 towers. Used and mint ... my cost about $1200.

4. Ah! Njoe Tjoeb tube output CDP with upsampler, Siemens E288CC tube upgrade, power kord, etc. I think this thing sounds great.

5. Axiom M3s, M60s, M80s, QS8s, Michaura M55s and M66s.

6. Mapleshade Clearview speaker cables and interconnects.

7. Sony TA E9000ES processor.

8. Philips SACD1000

9. Toshiba SD9200

10.Dahlquist D!M 905 speakers - if you find a pair, grabbem.

This list is not exhaustive and does not include my personal tweaking projects.

Here's a list of some things that did not work out for me. (Your results and opinions may differ)

1. Onkyo TXDS 797 receiver. (worked OK as a processor if you bypass the amp section - same for the Sony)

2. Sony STRDB 1070 receiver.

3. Axiom M50s and Michaura M665s.

4. Anthem PVA 5 amplifier.

I trust my ears. I thought the big buck Anthem amp would be great - it was OK. I thought the Technics receiver would be junk in a 2 channel system, it was terrific. I thought the T Amp would sound like a transistor radio - with a few mods it is a WORLD CLASS AMP.

Bottom line - I try stuff and then make up my mind. Now, I haven't tried any Shakri stones or green magic marker on my CDs, but I do use Caig ProGold, I think Mapleshade Clearview Double Golden Helix speaker wires are terrific and make a difference in sound quality (same for ICs), I like some tube amps and waking up next to super models. Your tastes may differ.

Try the speaker wire. Relax your preconceptions.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.