You mean you didn't like the crazy off-branch into philosophers in this morning's rantings?
Geez Ravi, there are only so many good ideas out there.

Well here's the small history behind the poll.
My curiousity has peaked over these Tannoy speakers, the bookshelves i bought recently. My wife so likes their sound that i was perusing the Tannoy website for their other models. I'm not a fan of their newer designs but the older stylings and specs could be what i'm looking for in a second system in the future. Specifically the Definition D700s.
However, a pair of these goes for about $6k to 8k Cdn. I just asked myself the question, would i ever really pay that much cash for just one (two) item for a system?
Possibly... if i do not go with any surround speakers and use it only as a stereo setup, but what is my limit then?
Would i look for a used pair perhaps for 6k or try to get new for 8k?
Where was my honest limit?

So i was just curious to see what other people, when money is not limiting, would honestly choose as a max budget in this regard.
I have to keep in mind the lost variables unaccounted for in this less than scientific poll.
Most importantly, it is being posted at a forum for a company speaker renowned for its low price, great performance speakers.
I am expecting the curve to be closer to the lower end.
My guess is that if i had posted this poll at some other snootier forums that the curve would be on the higher end, but again, i'm looking for an honest opinion and knowing that this forum over many promotes fact over myth, my confidence is high that the results will be more reasonable and realistic.

I can't think of any better way to complement all the Axiom forum posters.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."