dwm,
Perhaps you should post some pics of all these systems.
I don't think i've met anyone yet that has so many.

Personally, we have 4 systems in our house but only 2 are really considered 'systems' of worth per se.
The one in the basement (Axiom setup, Onkyo receiver, etc.) and the one in my office H/K receiver and Tannoy bookshelves.

The other two rooms are the kitchen and my wife's office but she runs some Altec Lansing 4.1 speakers off a Hercules Game Theatre XP sound card and the kitchen has an all in one Denon receiver, cd, amp, tuner module with two Denon (no name brand really) bookshelf speakers.
Those setups work fine for a small kitchen, office or a garage but at some point, if i were to put together a stereo system for the upstairs living room next to the kitchen, you would find that little Denon all in one on eBay pretty fast.
My old Technics bookshelf system will be put up on eBay quite soon in fact.
My wife just doesn't need anything else for her office but uses the sound card technology for surround gaming so that will probably stay the way it is for quite some time.
Since i do not play the same game types as my wife, i didn't need a surround system for my office and hence went out searching for a decent receiver and speaker set, more for tv, dvd and music and the combination has so far been absolutely superb.

Without a doubt, the quality of the 4 systems goes in order of Axiom/Onkyo, Tannoy/HK (close call b/w these two), Denon kitchen, and last, the Altec Lansing/Hercules.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."