Then i guess you see my point quite clearly Saturn.
People on these forums come from all walks of life, from students to professors, engineers, artists...
Everyone has a passion which may drive them to spend more on any one thing over another, but one thing about posters on the Axiom forums, they are all mostly looking for the best price for performance that they can find in audio. This is something Axiom is renowned for, great price for the quality.
Hence, from these same people, many of which have the cash to buy way more expensive stuff or from the dreamers who wish they will some day have the cash, i just had to know if there was still a personal limit to speaker spending even when money is not limiting.

As for me, well, i'm sure i could find some other speakers in a lesser price range that will suit the bill, BUT, if i cannot, then yes, i would consider paying up to 6k for those Tannoys. Hence my relative limit, no more than $6000-6500 or so for a pair of mains.
I would expect that these main speakers would not be a standard size and fare though. I'm thinking well over the 100lb weight category, wide frequency range, VERY well controlled and superbly smooth delivery, quality materials and with a cabinet finish that is nothing short of solid wood set to style any room for years to come (nothing too modern or too old, but classical in look).

As for components, i would limit myself to the 4k or less (Cdn) range for powering only 2 speakers which would include amp, preamp pro, CD.
Speaker wire, fifty bucks.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."