I have never heard the M60ti's but by all accounts they are very similar to the M80ti's, sonically. Is that a word? Anyway how far away from the speakers do you plan on sitting? How big is the room you will be using? I sit approximately 15 ' from my speakers and they are plenty loud. If you sit only 10' away there is a big difference in the volume level so a smaller speaker might be all you need. I personally always prefer overkill, for those times when you just need to CRANK IT. Try the Wizard for the recomended system or call them and talk to them directly. I think it is sometimes cheaper to go with something that is a little more expensive now than to start replacing everything in a few months, and the fact that it is a big pain in the arse to sell stuff and move stuff around. I am sure your receiver will be fine as long as you don't do anything crazy like full volume for hours on end, if the sound starts to sound edgy and distorted back off and you should be fine. And when you can afford a new amp/receiver, whatever you want, you can move the Onkyo into the bedroom or wherever you want to put a second system.

M80ti's, VP150, QS8's