Agreed. The only way a VP150 would be "too much" is if it looked big and stupid on top of your TV. I don't think there would be *much* difference between VP100 and VP150 in your room but that is just from other people's comments.

For "mostly HT" in that room M22s are perfect. If you think there is a significant chance of becoming (re-becoming ? is that a word ?) a music addict or are likely to move into a larger room in the next couple of years then think about floor standers, otherwise don't bother.

As others have said, if your budget makes you choose between surrounds and center I would go for no center rather than no surrounds. The center helps a lot if you are sitting way off to one side, and helps make up for crappy main speakers by giving clearer vocals, but the M22s are about as clear as any speaker you are going to find at a reasonable price. Every receiver I have seen will split the center signal between the mains if Center is set to NONE in the speaker setup -- but do check with your receiver manual first (or just ask here, someone probably owns the same receiver ).

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8