You had commented on "Imaging" earlier. When I had my M3s as mains in the old house with a smaller listening room, I could, on a few of my favorite CDs, point "exactly" where between, and outside of the speakers, the instruments were located. I would even kid that I could tell what color dresses the back-up singers were wearing! And this on M3s, which are not noted as being as accurate as M22s or M60s.

In my new house with a larger, not as well accoustically laid out configuration, I don't have the luxury of such good imaging. My M3s played well here, but not like in the old house. My M50s sound just like the M3s; only bigger and a bit better defined, but still not up to the standards of the old house. I can get the performance back if I rearange the room and add temporary sound conditioning materials, but it's currently inconvenient to do so on a normal day to day existence. (But I'm getting closer all the time)

Bottom line?

The Axioms will do the trick in the right room. If I haden't had the opportunity to hear my M3s in a good room right away, I may have been dissapointed had I heard them first in this house.

I'm slowly(too slowly)getting this room up to a reasonable acoustic level, so that I'm able to enjoy my system immensly. I've still got a ways to go, but my M50s and M3s are giving a great performance with just a little bit of effort.

Anyway; the M50s are "My kind of sound" but the room is not, and that's not the fault of the speakers.

We're workin' on it though