At first I was concerned about the price difference but after digging a bit I stopped worrying. The 6Ts are the previous generation of PSB floorstanders, more ore less replaced by the T65s. I auditioned the "xT" series of PSBs before buying Axioms and found them a bit rough, sort of a "rock" speaker. The newest PSBs are supposed to be a bit smoother and are probably a better match for the Axioms.

The 8C is PSB's equivalent of the VP100, not the VP150. I haven't heard it but it's probably comparable although again it is from the "xT" series -- the current PSBs are the C40 and C60, where a C40 seems to replace the 8C and the C60 seems to replace the 9C.

Regarding surrounds, I don't think I have ever seen a review which doesn't say the QS8s are the best of the bunch, so I think it's safe to say you made a good choice there. The PSB 10S is supposed to be pretty good though...

Bottom line; if you want a fair price comparison, use the T65s, C60 and S50s for comparison, not the 6Ts and the 8C. If your local dealer only has the previous line of speakers, at least use the 9c for comparison.

If you do an apples-to-apples comparison and still find the PSBs to be considerably cheaper, I would think hard about going with PSBs just for the cost. They will be nice speakers. Not better than the Axioms, but definitely comparable.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8