Hi Larry! First, welcome to the board! While I'm not going to be able to help you out much compared to others here, I am wondering why you want to get another receiver. The Onkyo HT-R510 has plenty of power for the M22's, and from the reviews I've read about the system, it's a pretty decent receiver. It's only the speakers that are lacking. What don't you like about the receiver? Plus, IF you ever decide to get back into HT surround, you might not need to upgrade it. Oh...and I guarantee that a full set of Axiom speakers will sound a heck of a lot better than those that came in that HTIB! However, I understand that it takes time and space to set up properly and may not be worth your trouble as you stated.

Another thing I'm confused about is this statement..."The down side is it doesn't apprear to have any AV in's and outs to run the television or the stray DVD through the receiver". If it's only a stereo receiver, it may not have a lot of A/V connections. But, if there are at least a couple of Aux. inputs for audio devices, you certainly can hook up the DVD and TV audio outputs to it. There probably won't be any component video switching if that's what you meant. Personally, I like to run video directly to the TV, but if you don't have a proper remote to change the inputs on the receiver as well as the TV, than it can be a pain sometimes.

Anyway, so you like smooth jazz, huh? I admit I'm not a big fan of the genre in itself except for Keiko Matsui. I'm a *huge* fan of hers! If you don't have any of her albums, I suggest checking her out!

M60s
VP150
QS8s
Marantz SR6003
Samsung LN52B550
Oppo DV-980H
Insignia NS-WBRDVD