Hi Larry, welcome.

No contradictory opinions from me relative to those already stated.

Your penchant for value has me wondering about the Rotel. It is a FINE unit, but I do not believe that it would necessarily sound demonstrably different or better than other, similarly-rated units. You may want to bump "user interface" up on your list. I have no experience with the Outlaw (I'm sure it's fine), but have doubts that it or the Rotel are worth a significant premium over similar units from other manufacturers like Denon, HK, Onkyo, etc. I'd second JohnK and Sonicfox; I don't know that your current receiver is holding you back all that much right now.

You may be surprised how much difference a good sub makes. Especially given your musical choices - which probably include substantial acoustic bass and synthesized material below 80Hz - you may find that a good sub tightens music up AND gives it an exciting impact.

I think you're on the right track with the subs already mentioned. The SVS PB10 also gets good reviews, but does NOT have speaker-level inputs, so you would need something like the Outlaw receiver. The other thing about subs is the form-factor; JohnK mentioned "looks" as a valid criterion. I would suggest that "size" is also relevant. For instance, you may find that the Outlaw sub is a pretty big, black box and that it does not harmonize with your decor once you consider its dimensions. On the other hand, my PB12-ISD is big enough to serve me well as a corner end-table, provided I take care not to rumble the wrong items off of it.

Finally, don't neglect the setup process. Proper placement of the sub in the room is very important, and has been discussed ad nauseum around here.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem