Quote:

Moto-cross helmets are the only way to go. We ride pretty hard, lots of air, deep snow, boon-dogging, sidehilling and just plain crazy assed stuff that most rational people wouldn't ever do. It's usually full throttle until you get too tired to hold on, then take a break. With these helmets and quick straps for the goggles, it's real quick to pull off the helmet and relax a bit. Plus, they're light and the goggles don't fog up. I usually have three sets of goggles with me.....clear, blue and amber for the different snow conditions. When it's real cold, I just put on a head sock.

I finally got a chance to try sno-cross and goggles last year (along with a Polaris 900 Fusion) at the farm. It's a huge improvement, so many factors going against me for a full cranium casket - I wear glasses, I'm a head-sweater and a mouth breather, and I have a goatee. Seriously considering changing over this year, so I won't have to leave my visor up an inch just to be able to see... that blast of -80 wind chill on the top lip just isn't any fun anymore after 30.

Maybe this year when I go out I'll bring a camera... no shortage of sleds out there, with about 25 of them within a 5 minute drive (and being a rural area, everyone gladly hands over keys to their sled to the "anglophone guy from the city" without hesitation, and even fuel and oil it up!)

Usually a Polaris 600 Classic for me if I'm riding with the guys, or a heavy, older Indy 440 if I'm taking the girls out.

Wonder if there's enough snow now... hmm...

Bren R.