I'll work backwards on the replies....

Yeah, I liked how the center worked directly in front of the TV. I still have an center channel Omnimount from when I was using Polk Audios, but I figured I may as well put it closer to ear level now that I can.

As for the TV, it's still the XBR1, but the XBR 2 is on the way, supposedly. The girl told me it would be around two weeks, which would be this Friday. So here's hoping.

I decided to use the stands since this is temporary, anyway, and wall-mounting the rear left speaker would have been problematic. I'm sure I'll be wall-mounting the basement, though.

I've considered getting a Harmony remote, but I've never been able to commit, mainly because I really don't mind all of the remotes. It just hasn't frustrated me yet having to use so many. Other people come over and think it's ridiculous, but of course it makes them laugh, too. Maybe one of these days, but for now I have other big purchases to make!

Next will be the Emotiva amp, then a preamp/processor, then... subwoofer. I'm having trouble making my mind up on the subwoofer. I kind of want to stick with Axiom, but I'm also tempted by Hsu. The Axioms definitely look better, and would go with the rest of my system so well, but yeah... the price. And if I do go with Axiom, I imagine I'll go all of the way with the EP600. Then I'd have to decide between the horizontal or vertical orientation. For those of you with EP600s, which orientation do you have? When I set up in the basement, I could go either way. I'll have the TV wall-mounted, the components on a ledge, and the floor below the TV WOULD be free for the EP600. Of course, subwoofer placement doesn't seem so predictable, so maybe it would be wiser to get the vertical with the smaller footprint. Also, it makes me smile thinking my subwoofer would be taller than my mains.

I almost love spending money on this stuff enough to get another job.