Thanks John, I"ve been on the phone with Emotiva today. They assured me my problem was not the Soft Clipping issue that Audioholics talked about. Also, every new unit after that point was fixed based on the Audioholics review.

We are looking at a few things, and they are willing to send me out some new modules if I say the word. This is unlikely, but they said it is possible that the Bias adjustment may be a little off on my units, and causing the amp to shut down prematurely. They are still leaning towards that I may be bouncing of the upper limit of the amplifier.

I just don't think that is the issue, but maybe. They also recommended that I DO NOT use my Tripplite surge/conditioner, and just plug the amp right into the wall outlet directly. They also said they recommend, if possible, that a person uses a dedicated line just for the amp. The Tripplite can be limiting what the amp is receiving, especially during dynamic times when the amp needs more current. Also, the amp, being a class H design, has built in protection, so they do not recommend a surge/conditioner.

In regards to Audioholics findings of 256 watts into 4 ohms, they assured me that they are in fact 300watts into 4 ohms as stated. They are not sure of the exact test that was used to get these figures (mainly what equipment/ load banks, etc.), but they assured me and will back their specs up every day of the week that their amps do produce the power that they are rated. This is something Emotiva takes very seriously and they do not play games with the figures.

In regards to me worrying about the Denon's 1.2v preout rating, here is their response:

The EPM-300 amplifier modules are set to 27db of gain with a 0db reference input level of 1.5 volts nominal. That is to say that the amps have 27db of gain and that it would take a steady state tone at 1.5 volts to get maximum output. Now the amps can easily take a voltage input well in excess of this with no problems to recreate the dynamics of the source material. However, if you pre/pro is rated at 1.2 volts, then yes it is possible to get a clipped signal out of the pre/pro, but unlikely. The 1.2 volt rating is a nominal rating that means under a steady state test that is what it will produce before clipping. However, music is not a steady state; it is all about the dynamics, so the actual output could be well in excess of 2.0 volts.

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85