I actually learned a lot from this thread, so I for one am glad you started it.

I just today broke in my LPA-1 on my new M80s. Had some shutdown problems which was traced to some loose speaker terminals. After that, I gave it a real workout. Had the LMC/LPA at maximum level for about an hour (had a few beers in me ), was watching action scenes in the Matrix and EpIII. Then it shut down. I walked over and put my hand on the top, boy it was hot as hell! So I figured the thermal limiter had kicked in. I don't know the SPLs I was running, but I could sense my hearing distorting...if you wanted to say something to me, you would have to of shouted in my ear...and I might have heard it. I wonder with a little ventilation if it would sustain this level indefinately...right now it is on the bottom of an old end table with no circulating air...aybe this would be a good experiment for me. Anyway, the unit came back on and had no issues running at sane levels right away.

I think Emo really shows a high level of dedication to their customers. They worked with you extensively and even chimed in here...after reading this whole thread I concur that your needs simply exceed what this amp can do.

Question - what kind of power are we talking here to get the SPLs you are looking for in an 8000 cubic foot room?