Ok, after plugging the amp directly into the outlet, as I mention above, I was hoping the problem was resolved.

From the seated position, 13ft away, my m80's are at +5dB to achieve 75dB on the SPL meter, using the Denon's test tones.

Should I be using the test tones on the receiver, I would think 75dB is 75dB, no matter what the source of the calibration setup?

Anyway, I turned on some music with the Denon main volume on -5dB (pretty loud) and things sounded great. So I eased it up to 0dB on the volume, still sounded great. The meter set to "fast" with C-weighting was basically averaging 100dBs. Even when I walked up to about 3 ft of either m80, was not even hitting 110dB's, at least what I could see visually with the SPL meter.

So, I went back to my easy chair from 13ft away and eased the knob up to +5dB. After about 10 seconds, the left channel amp turned off, followed by the right channel shortly after.

I guess the Tripplite had nothing to do with anything. I will be calling Emotiva back to see what they think. I wish I had another Receiver to rule out my Denon preouts. There is another guy on Av123 having the same problem with his Denon 2807 running Ref 1's (4ohm).

Is it just the combination of my 80's and Denon. Emotiva is going out of their way to help me, and they assure me this Class H amp, their top of the line, is designed to be pushed hard. This is so frustrating.

I'm wondering if I should be calibrating my speakers, NOT using the Denon?

Randy

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85