Hutzal, it's quite unfair of you to state that the line is not all its cut up to be. It's now been proven that it WAS producing the advertised power. Once Randy took it one or two notches PAST, it shut down. Sure the Denon went higher, but with the distortion he was experiencing, I'm sure it sounded like fecal matter.

As I stated before, the same thing happens with my two. When pushed, the Luxman stays clean until it shuts down, and the Yamaha doesn't, but sounds like crap while trying to keep up. So what's the point of even trying?

I will agree that it's frustrating. It sounds so clean that you want to push it higher, but then [click], it's off. We've effectively reached the limit of what the amp will do.

As Randy found out with the lower rated receiver, it could go just as loud, but with tons of distortion. But again, he effectively reached the limit of what the amps would do.

So what would you rather have? An amp that shuts down and protects the speakers, or one that can go past it's limits, distorting, and possibly taking out tweeters in the process?

Shawn

Epic 80/600 + M3's + M3 Algonquins + M2 Computer + EP125
I think I'm developing an addiction.