I spent a couple hours tonight playing around with the 4806 getting it set up and doing a some listening tests.
Even though I have a long ways to go with getting through the manual and finding out what this receiver is capable of, I'll share some of my initial impressions.
The Audyssey MultEQ far exceeded my expectations, I did the measurements at six points around the room, let it calculate and saved the results. Before putting on a movie I ran test tones through the receiver and checked the results from the main listening position with my SPL meter, all 7 speakers were dead on at 78db.
Next was the most important part of the test, watching a movie, I put the Blu-ray DVD Kingdom of Heaven into my ps3, figured I might as well listen to some TruHD through hdmi for the first time also. The first thing I noticed besides the incredible sound, was that my Qs8's had all but disappeared in the room, I must have glanced at them 5 times knowing I could hear the sound around me but couldn't pinpoint them like I was able to before with my previous setup.
The second thing that really impressed me about the Audyssey is that I can now sit anywhere in my living room and feel I'm in the center of the movie, regardless of if I'm sitting at the far left or right not even in line with the speakers. I played parts of several different movies in several sound formats and was impressed each time.
So far I'm a really happy camper with this receiver, tomorrow I'll play a few SACD's , listen to some movies and compare the THX surround modes to DD and DTS. and try and learn what else this receiver can do.
The only bad thing is the AC switched outlets on the receiver aren't getting power, I think UPS did a little to much handling and knocked something loose, so I have to manually turn on my amp instead of letting the switched outlet in my Pure AV and receiver do it. If anyone knows of a device that can do the same thing I'd appreciate some recommendations.

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.