HomeDad, I essentially use the Audyssey for most of my audio listening. Audyssey does tone down the LFE settings quite a bit though. If you press the "Enter" button on the remote to quickly review the Audyssey settings, you can make changes to any of the channels to see if you like them better. I frequently boost the sub setting about 6db to my liking. When you do this, the Audyssey light on the display will turn red, which can be annoying. To get around the red light issue you can just set the "EQ" to manual. This keeps the remaining Audyssey settings as default with any adjustment you have made intact. That way, you get the best of both worlds and no annoying red light.

Also, you can save a "Custom" setting by making any changes to your default Audyssey settings, then saving them. This is done, after you determine your custom settings, i.e. changing your crossover point, changing your front settings (for M80) to small, and any channel volume settings and possibly using the PLII x Cinema setting for movies to get max LFE. Then, press "setup" on the lower pannel of the remote, select #6-"Option Setup", scroll down to #7-"Setup Memory/Lock", then select "User Memory", select "Save". This, saves your settings for future use.

Then, to reset your Audyssey settings for audio listening, simply select "Setup" on the remote, select "Auto Setup/Room EQ", scroll down to 1-5 "Parameter Check", scroll down to "Restore" then left click "Yes". Your back in buisness.

I mainly use these two modes of listening for music and movies. With my Custom setting I max out all speaker settings, crossover at 80, fronts and center to small etc. Just blows the house down with the EP600... sorry three pigs

Last edited by cgrface; 04/22/07 08:48 PM.

"Never, never, never give up "... Winston Churchill