Quote:

Good that is the kind of response that I was hoping to hear. I have recently been reading about individuals having problems with their panny 100ax in that forum.

Well yes, if you're looking at the AX100, let me if I may give you some friendly advice.....Don't!

I purchased a good five or six projectors a while back to test and evaluate while in search of what/which would be my next upgrade, the AX100 was one that was in the mix.

That damn thing is irritating because it has such potential to be a really great projector, but Panasonic screwed something up in the production of that model. The bloody thing is just plagued with various problems. That said, it does spit out one hell of a picture, but I don't feel it's worth all the aggravation's that come along with it.

The Sanyo Z5 on the other hand, is by all accounts a very fine projector. Most people who own Sanyo's projectors are pretty loyal to them, as they spit out a great picture and are a great value to boot.

There are a few horror stories floating around regarding their CS if you should ever find yourself in the need of using their warranty, however I wouldn't let those reports scare you off.

First of all, with the exception of a very small few (Axiom Being One Of The Few), I don't know too many companies that don't share this. I mean, for the most part, you can take any given product from any given company, and find someone who wasn't satisfied with something. Whether it be the product itself or the company in responce to the products warranty. So in other words, you pretty much got to take these reports with a grain of salt to a certain extent.

And second, places like AVS are great source for information, but you must remember that most of the people who report such problems are only, in my opinion, the minority of those who are actually having a problem. All you got to do is read the threads. How many people do you find that are posting who have no problems and are thoroughly enjoying their projector, receiver, or whatever. Oh there are some, no doubt, but the majority of them are not.

So fear not my friend, the Z5 is a great machine. Hell all the Sanyo Z models have proven to be really good machines. However, there are a lot of damn good projectors out on the market right now, so you have a lot of good units to choose from.