I have a Z3 and sit almost exactly 1.5x the screen diagonal. No SDE at all. I used to sit at about 1.25x the screen diagonal, and still didn't notice anything with the Sanyo product. My screen is 104" 16:9 format I really like the size. Nice and big. I've viewed some HD content from over-the-air sources, and they look great at 720p. I know that there are some 1080p projectors that are getting to be more affordable ($3000 price range), but Hutzal is right. The Z series from Sanyo is the best bang for your buck. At about $1500 from an authorized dealer for a Z5, it is cheaper than what I paid for my Z3 2 years ago. A close contender is the Panasonic PT-AX100U. It sells for about $1900, but they have a $400 rebate right now. (The Z5 is like $5 cheaper after you factor in a rebate. I hate rebates though.) The Sanyo also has a 3 year warranty vs. 1 year for the Panny.

Information about both:

Sanyo PLV-Z5

Panasonic PT-AX100U

Depending on seating location and the size of the screen, you most likely will do great with a 720p... But, some people just can't accept that, and have to have 1080p... My father-in-law "HAD" to have 1080p in his new 50" flat panel. 1.5x is 6'3", but the closest seat is almost 10' away... He wasted money in my mind...

Farewell - June 4, 2020