Cool I know how you feel, I finished my basement a couple months ago, pre-ran speaker wire behind the walls and did all the electrical runs myself. Everything turned out great! I think I did over kill as I have 4 15a breakers dedicated to just my theatre room (16x14 room).

1 breaker for the lighting (I couldn't tap into existing lighting in other parts of the basement), 1 breaker for the front wall where the sub is plugged in, 1 breaker for my East wall where my AV stuff is plugged in, and 1 breaker for the back wall and ceiling outlet for my projector. I have stayed away from using the back wall outlets for anything as I want to have full dedicated power to my projector.

All I know is that I am set completely for power, I will never be under-powered . If I had to do it again, I would have ran 20A power wires to the front and side wall incase I get a big beefy amp in the future, however I think my setup will even work for that load.

-Hutz

Edit: Even though you are running your own electrical, I would highly advise getting an electrician to hook all the outlets up and such, and all the wires to the electrical box. He can make sure all is working as it should and you get a good sense that everything is hooked up properly.

Last edited by Hutzal; 05/31/07 05:10 PM.

Producer | Composer
www.robbhutzal.com