Thomas,

I think you’re just going to have to go take a peak at them yourself. As with audio, we all hear/see things differently. It’ll come down to what looks good to you.

I was wandering through Sears the other day on a mission to find a new cloths washer/dryer, as instructed by the “boss”. She apparently doesn’t like my squeaky dryer and leaking washer. Hu! I happen to like them both just fine and can’t understand why they should take precedence over a $4000 amp that I don’t really need. I think she just doesn’t “get it”.

So anyway, while bored to death listing to this salesman go on and on for a seemingly endless rant in regards to a washing machine pros/cons, I had this perfect panorama view of about fifty big screen TV’s, all playing the same thing. Out of all of them, two just stood out and demanded a closer look. Pardoning myself from the salesman, I wandering over to these TV’s and both of them were Samsung plasma’s. Not only did they look better at a distance, but up close and personal they looked better to me. I have no idea what model they were, or even what resolution they were. All around them were Panasonic, Sony, Philips, Mitsubishi, and a few other brands. The Samsung just stood out from the others.

Good luck and have fun shopping. I’m sure there’s a few micro brews in between stores in the Seattle area. I’ve heard (but can’t confirm) that beer aids in the decision making process. – Just don’t surf Amazon while drinking.