I have the 61FC97 and yes its all the same but with no gold plated connectors, RS-232 port, centre channel input.

The JVC needs some adjusting out of the box for sure, but I found similar experiences when comparing side by side.

Sony xBR, looked deep, dark blues on ocean scene

JVC HDILA looked to have brighter more greenish hue to the water, which looked more realistic of the algae filled ocean scene it was showing.

Panasonic Viera plasma, looked similar to the JVC, but not as bright.

The Sony looked great and deep blue until I realized that the scene of a seal playing in Monterey bay should show green water. The factory settings on the JVC require the black level to be reduced to -23 to get true black after I used my Avia setup disc.

Dont compare the Sony A2000, a pro calibrator told me the video processor is inferior to that of the Panny, JVC, Mits and Samsung.

The JVC is a great picture, but so are the Sony XBR, Panasonic plasma and mits dlp.

Here is a review 61FN97 review

Its like speakers. All personal preference. If I wanted to spend more, have a thin set and could get it away from my picture window, I would have gone Panny Plasma. I saved the $$ and the RPTV fits in my bright living room better than the plasma would have, so that was my choice.

good luck.

Last edited by ctown; 08/02/07 04:59 PM.