Quote:

Thank you, Mark. That is very helpful.

Do you know how much bulbs cost? Are they user-replaceable?

How can I decipher the JVC "codes" (do you know what the difference is between the FH and FN, for instance?)

Bulbs are about $200. The difference between the FH and FN series is that the FH series has gold plated connections and an RS-232 port. I got mine at Beach Camera. Delivery was free and they set it up for me and made sure it worked. Best Buy has the FN series, normally less expensive than the FH, for several hundred MORE than I got the FH at beach camera. BB was also the only place that had Sony, Mits, Samsung, and JVC all together to make it easier for a DLP / LCOS comparison. As others have commented here the JVC was the winner for me as well. The blacks were blacker and the rest of the colors just looked better IMO. With an HD feed, it's just stunning. Standard cable is anywhere from slightly to heavily grainy. QVC, and ESPN look really good for SD. ABC is horrible. I get only one HD station from an antenna, but it's an amazing picture.
The only real complaint I would register is that in scenes with any bright white, it looks like someone is shining a flashlight at you from behind a white sheet; you can see little specs of extra bright light.

Compared to the 60" 1080p plasma I was looking at, I really couldn't see the $4000 difference.

YMMV

Scott

Scott

My HT