Well, I guess it is my turn. I really won't add much as Mojo said it all very well and it was a pleasure to meet him.

I had already listened to the M82(60/22combo) at my own house, just not in this configuration(on top of the M60), and was extremely pleased with the sound and it was this cleaner fuller sound that prompted me to contact Mojo to see what an 80 sounded like. I suspected the M80 sounded more like my M22 and my suspicions were correct. The M80 is a near perfect blend of the M22 and M60. If I had to buy a only one set of speakers it would now be the M80s. They have all the crispness and clarity of the m22 and the fuller/richer sound of the M60. The M60s more laid back upper mids and vocals make them a wonderfull smooth sounding speaker, just not clear enough for what I have become accustomed to. Although the louder I play them the more the uppers and vocals do seem to come to life, but still not as well as the M80s nor my M22s.

I was very happy to get to hear my M22s paired with an outstanding Subwoofer, however the sound still was not as warm nor full, as the M60s or the M80s. I still feel the best speaker I have heard is the M60/M22 combination, all the clarity I am used to and the warmth of the M60.

The M80s I felt were a little(marginally) too crisp the louder it was played. The M60 would tone down/smooth the mids and highs a little when paired up with the M22 and the louder I play this combo the better it sounds.

Now my wife had an interesting thing to say when I mentioned I think I want to send the M60's back. She brought up a very good point, the M80s would still make bad CDs sound very bad and that I have noted the bad ones are not as harsh/poor sounding on the M60s. She said I might want to keep the M22/M60 combo and run them as A/B as I have now and when I listen to any bad CDs, simply turn off the M22s and listen with the M60s. Have I ever mentioned I REALLY love my wife, she is one smart lady.

Although I am still undecided at this point, as I now will have to buy some more speakers for upstairs if I keep the M60s.....hmmm is that a bad thing? M3s here we come ....wait, wait, wait, that M80 sounded pretty good on its own .....no, no, no, too big for upstairs, this is my wifes realm, must.......stick........ to....... M3s...... no....no...no....M80s down M22s up and new EP500.....

Now that EP600 is beyond anything I have heard, so tight and crisp yet will shake the fillings out of your head and if turned right up could be used for demolition. It has no boominess I could hear, even during the depth charge scene in U-571. The terror on my face was due to the fact I thought the house was going to come down on us! I wish we had the SPL meter going it had to be well above/near 110db. during the whole scene, absolutely amazing.

Ok so I added more than I thought. Again, I must say I had a GREAT time and it was a pleasure to meet Tex. I also forgot to tell Tex that the avatar is most definitely a dog now with the eyes moving around.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70