Quote:

Actually the very last thing we did was run the 60s and 80s in parallel. But you didn't listen...only I did. I didn't like it because it sounded like 4 waterfalls instead of 2. The centre image was wonderful but all of the other images (birds chirping, etc) were smeared. But sure...I'm game for trying it again.

BTW, in November I get to hear an Orion. I'm really anxious to see how this will sound compared to the Axioms.

I listened to floor-standing and bookshelf Missions today. I don't know the model number (but I am going to find out) but they sounded absolutely horrible. Highs were non-existent, mids were recessed so bad that they were almost not there and the bass sounded muffled like it was coming from another room.

I stand corrected, I thought we had them A/B still and only one channel was on but as you said, only you listened, and it was just before te U-571 demo, so maybe a little gray matter was scrambled a bit .

I have heard some older missions and they sounded like you described, just as my friends JBL's also sounded last time I listened to them. I have heard a set of NHT 1's(?) bookshelf speakers and they have a more toned down sound like the M60s, still clear but not like the M22s, possibly more like M3's although I have yet to hear a set of M3s.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70