The living room + dining room is about 14x22. The HT is in one portion of it (say 14x12) with my new back surrounds infringing on the dining room (actually touching the dining table--thank god I don't have WAF problems!).

There is a corridor leading to the back rooms, the kitchen and my office on the side so the living room is not truly closed (I could not just shut a door), but at the same time, openings to the rest of the appartment are they equivalent of three opened doors so it is not wide open either.

If a go to my bedroom (the fartest from the M80) and playing some cello-intensive work (like Bach's cello suites for example or one of Schubert's late string quartets), the bass remains stong and clean even at moderate level.

When I first installed the M80, there was actually way too much bass. I then moved them from the wall (in great part because of Alan's recommendations) and it became "better", but still strong. It took me a while to remember how live deep instruments actually sounds and was then stunned by how accurate those little CDs can actually be with the right equipment.

See Mojo's signature