Originally Posted By: JohnK

I tried and agree with your "M44" findings in 7. If dual horizontal M22s are used, the better configuration is TMMMMT, which can be said to be somewhat analogous to the TMMMT of the VP150. I didn't think that there was a compelling reason(especially considering expense)to prefer it to 4.

I would have to agree with John. I have not heard the VP100 specifically but i have heard other centres in our home system with the same configuration.
The wider VP150 with end tweeters provided a much wider soundstage and better off-axis presentation than the smaller, driver limited versions with only a single, centre tweeter.
I did not like the M22 as a centre channel either but i am surprised you did not hear any real differences b/w the VP100 and VP150 especially off axis.

The expense of two M22s for this recommended purpose is a bit much. One must also note the extra power issues required to wire and run it.

Sounds like you had a fun time playing with the configurations though. I tried some nifty things awhile back like a vertical VP150 and putting my EP350 on hockey pucks.
I really do not recall why, but i do have pics somewhere.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."