Re: the difference in a room for M60's...
I have two sets, on pair upstairs for stereo in a large living room with cathedral ceilings with open beams. The rear wall is broken up by stairs going upwards around a landing to an open catwalk above. Either side of this is recessed with a door going out on the left and on the right a recessed area leading into the mud/laundry room. The right wall has glass dorrs (always open) leading into a den and the left has a large open area into the kitchen.

I was really afraid of what all this would do to the sound but it it truly amazing. I've since realized its almost a 'church like' design and it just works but without the big echo like sound of a large church. The bass coming from the M60's was so crisp clear and powerful that I took away the little subwoofer from my old setup that I thought I might need to fill the room. People contantly comment on the rich bass coming from the M60s.

Now in my HT room in the basement, it an acoustic nightmare. Much smaller, almost a perfect square, wood floors with just a couch and a coffee table. Most of the walls are still bare and we are still looking for a rug we like. The M60s are still very clear on the highs but the bass is totally lost. It's all my EP500 can do to try recreate the sound I have upstairs. Fortunately, it's up to the task although I still prefer upstairs for it's more relaxing sound quality.

I could easily be a demo house for the differences room accoustics make on a sound system.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.