Personally, I’ve rather there not be a ‘winner’. Competition keeps things lively and interesting because one will always be doing something cool to get the upper hand over the other.

I’d just like to see both formats continue with enough support for both to encourage the main stream player manufactures to build true “universal” players that play everything very well. When this (if this) happens, companies like Oppo will start shipping excellent performing, but reasonably prices units, and, you’ll get that great customer support that Oppo provides.

While I really do not have a preference for either format and enjoy both equally, I prefer my PS3 over the A2. The PS3 is very fast, has great functionality and is a joy to use compared to any player I’ve had so far (including DVD). When the A35 shows up, I’ll be very interested to see how it compares to the PS3.

I would caution anyone who is considering buying one of these players to consider your resolve for resisting the upgraditis bug. This is a teaser. By meaning, it’s an excellent marketing strategy to get fence sitters off the fence. When you get the A2 and see how good HD is; you are going to be hooked. HD is very, very addictive. I know I’m a downright HD junky now and just can’t seam to resist anything that comes out. I’ve blown over ten grand in the last year on electronics that I would not have spent if HD/BR had not come to market. First it will be the $99 A2, then it will be the new 1080P display, then it will be a Blue Ray player, then you’ll want to “hear” lossless sound so you’ll get a HDMI audio processor, then there will be a “new and improved” HD player, then the “new” BR player, then the “new” audio processor…..and so on. I’ve come to know you regulars and how ALL of you have upgraditis real bad, one year from now…….