Damn Richard, you got me laughing my ass off!!

I know what you’re going through as I’ve gone through it too, but I’ve adapted…… I’m so (place your choice of cuss word here) tired of being a beta tester for these new HMDI POS electronic devices, that if I didn’t absolutely love the sight and sound, I’d get rid of all of it and go back to my old 25” Magnavox TV and play more chess.

I have yet to buy one thing that has HDMI that wasn’t F-ed up from the get go. I’m not exaggerating either….everything I’ve bought has or had some stinking glitch.

But there is light at the end of the tunnel. Industry is starting to catch up to this pathetically incompetent HDMI roll out and things are starting to work somewhat better as time goes on.

So, in regards to your POS A2, I’m guessing your settings are incorrect. Either the TV or the Player. You should be able to tell a difference with the disks you have, and a big difference at that. And I do agree with you, the A2 is a POS when you compare it to your Denon, but I love the picture. The build quality of these players is pathetic. Toshiba is trying to get the upper hand over Sony, so they need to get these players in homes and as this ‘sale’ demonstrates, cheap players is what folks want…..not build quality.

Don’t give up yet bubba…. Something’s screwy.