Originally Posted By: HomeDad
Every once in awhile I'll go back and read some of the books I really enjoyed, usually classics or a series like Lord of the Rings. I've been reading a couple hours every night until I fall asleep for around 45 years now, so there are times I'll get into a novel then realize I've already read it. Now I try to stick with current bestsellers or books with a recent copyright so I know I haven't read it before, or try books from a genre I don't usually read.

Me too. Still read in bed every night. Sometimes I can only get through a few pages before turning out the light. Sometimes, if I find the book riveting, I'll do one of my favorite things in life.......read until sunrise.

Reading is one of the great joys in my life. I spend more time than I'd like waiting in doctor's offices, airports, and elsewhere. As long as I have my book, I'm never bored.

Originally Posted By: St_PatGuy
When I was younger, I'd read every night before going to sleep. Now, I only get a couple of pages and I'm out. It's amazing what one can do in the afternoon when you don't turn the TV on.

Michael, like you, I've been reading for years and years, and just recently I've come to realize there are books I don't remember reading. It can sometimes be confusing at the bookstore.

I hate it when I pick up a book, and after the first chapter or so, realize I've already read it. At my age that, unfortunately, happens all too often.

I do, sometimes, reread books I've read and enjoyed years ago. Though I've not read them in years and years, I've read the entire Sherlock Holmes series at least 3 times. Hmmm? Might have to do that again soon.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton